Tuesday 25 June 2013

A Happy Birthday wish for George Michael

This seems like only yesterday!

It seems like only yesterday we were all dancing along to Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go and admiring (or giggling at!) George Michael's princess Di look. But somehow when we weren't looking the years flew by, because today our favourite singing Greek turns 50.

Happy Birthday George, may all your dreams come true!

The last 5 years haven't been easy years for George Michael. He's been in a horrific car crash which could easily have ended his life (twice!), he's gone through the heartache of a break-up, he's gone through that other thing none of us like to talk about, and he's been hospitalized for weeks (twice!). Honestly, at this point his life has had more twists and turns than all his beloved soaps.
Thank heavens there was good news as well. He found new happiness and he really turned his life around. I am in total awe of this, I only wish I had half his courage and perseverance. Also, the Symphonica Tour did extremely well and got many stellar reviews. His vocal abilities were highly praised and rightly so.

And now? Who knows what the future may bring - a new album, a new tour? Maybe and maybe not. While I'd be very happy with either, I'd be fine if it didn't happen. I don't want George to feel in any way obligated to us, his fans. Life in the spotlights is tough and it could be it's not what he wants from life at this point. He's given us so much already, he will get nothing but respect and love from me whether he releases new music or not. And I'm confident the overwhelming majority of his fans feel the same way.

Turning 50 is pretty special and warrants a nice birthday present. So what do you give the man who has absolutely everything? I don't have a clue, so I'll just give him my heart-felt thanks.

Thank you, George!

Thank you, for giving all of us such beautiful music that will always fill my heart with joy and soothe my soul.

Thank you, for giving us so much of yourself on-stage over the years. Thank you for so many happy memories.

Thank you, for being you, you've been an inspiration to me in so many ways.

On your 50th birthday I wish you all the best. I pray that you are healthy, happy and safe. And most importantly of all that you may feel loved - by your family, your loved ones and by your thousands of fans. Be well dear George, today, tomorrow and all the days of your life.


No comments:

Post a Comment