Wednesday 7 September 2011

Symphonica - Vids and Pics from Herning (August 29)


The concert in Herning on August 29 was my first of the Symphonica Tour and man, was I busy!
I was tweeting just before the start of the concert, in the break and just after the concert when we were stuck in traffic leaving the Arena parking lot.
I shot some very wobbly videos, and took a few pictures, most of which turned out blurry - that left hand of George is the bane of photographers everywhere. Between songs I jotted down some quick notes about the show, trying to juggle camera, pen and notebook.

But more importantly: I drank it all in, seeing George Michael up close again, falling instantly in love with Let Her Down Easy, Going To A Town and most of all Russian Roulette. I was completely taken by surprise by the emotional atmosphere, crying throughout True Faith, You've been loved and of course Where I Hope You are. Back in our hotel I worked through the night, writing reviews. It was an unforgettable experience; I loved every second of it and can't wait to do it all again. Next stop: Köln.

Learned some valuable lessons:
  • It's best to hold a camera steady
  • Gotta practice with that zooming thingy some more.
  • Also, unless your voice is pretty great (mine really isn't), you'd better not sing along when you're filming as the camera will pick that up. Ruined a rather good video of the medley that way!
  • Uploading HD videos takes forever, that's what's the nights are for.
  • Bring Kleenex, lots of it.
Despite some beginners faults I got some priceless George Michael memories out of the Herning trip. You can find some new photos and all the videos I uploaded after the jump.


Here are some classic George Michael poses:

Looking intense, but fairly happy here.

During Roxanne

Intense, yet again.

Total concentration for John and Elvis Are Dead


Giving us everything!

And here are all 5 videos I uploaded, all but one are on Youtube:

True Faith
My Baby Just Cares For Me I (short clip)
Russian Roulette
Where I Hope You Are - for obvious reasons not on Youtube
Feeling Good

No comments:

Post a Comment